A Local Schools Committee is a sub-committee of the Alumnis Multi-Academy Trust Board of Directors. It is The LSC’s responsibility to offer to all children the best possible Christian Education, preparing them for on-going education and life in the community.
The LSC plays a crucial role in enriching community relationships and communication, contributing to the collective effectiveness of schools and Alumnis MAT as a whole. The aim is to support, inform, advise and challenge provision; working together, empowering excellence and improving outcomes for all children. Working with the Head Teacher, Executive Team and Trust Board, the LSC is a local voice and a link with local communities and churches (church schools) as well as being advocates for all schools within our School Trust.
The Trust Board delegates to them the following functions:
- Monitoring of the School Improvement Plan
- Maintain unique identity and ethos of each school and safeguard the individual vision and values of each school within the remit of the Committee
- Preserving and supporting the Christian Distinctiveness of each Church School.
- Church and Community Links
- Safeguarding triangulated
- Pupil Attendance
- Pupil conduct and Exclusions
- Ensuring that specific grants (e.g. pupil premium, catch up premium, PE Premium) are used for the purposes intended and can demonstrate a positive impact on learning.
- Pupil Demographics
- Parental Engagement and communication
- Pre-school links and communication
- Transition of pupils into the next phase of their learning
- Have oversight of statutory documents pertinent to each setting:
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Information Governance / GDPR
- Health and Safety
- Ensuring websites are compliant with statutory requirements
- Provide Committee Members for panels such as complaints or exclusion as and when required.
The Local Schools Committee constitution will include:
- One elected Staff Member
- One elected Parent Member from each school the LSC represents
- Five Foundation Committee Members
- The Headteacher from each school (no voting rights)